Thursday, October 11, 2007
The Joy of Orchids

listenning to: away from the sun (3 doors down)


Mood: seriously praying tomorrow is a holiday.........Please, let it be a holida


I had absolutely no plans for the independence holiday so I decided to call up my dear pal Claudio because I knew he could always come up with something plus well I hadnt seen him in a long while. I woke up in the morning craving his cooking and trust me no chef at any Italian restaurant I know around town cooks better than Claudio. He picks up the call and scolds me for pulling a disappearing act on him, after ernestly apologising, he decided diner was a good idea and his wife would call to confirm the time.



About 30 minutes later, Mrs C calls excitedly, she loves entertaining and wanted to show off her garden as always. Her zest for life always amazes me and anyone recovering from cancer ought to join her support group if she has one.


I figured my friend Rowena would enjoy this as well and besides I needed a ride out of the depth of Muyenga. when we got there, our gracious hosts hadnt even gone shopping for the diner. So we took a camera and went talking to Orchids. Now Mrs C thinks looking at a blooming orchid a whole sexual experience. So she says stuff like,



"Look at the way the tongue caresses the lip...." all this puntuated with a not so subtle moan.








She had the most amazing collection of orchids I have ever seen in any home.I will make it a point to post the pics as soon as Rowena sends them to me and you can be the judge of that.












We had diner later outside in the garden and I swear i could almost hear the plant talk back. It was the most relaxing evening I had had in a long time. And I leant how to make pork Mongolian style and of course pesto. My meals in minutes will never be the same again.










The rest of the week pretty much sucked but I drift off into that garden when the pressures mount.










posted by kissyfur @ 4:30 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life