Monday, August 27, 2007
The Sound of Silence
"Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to be with you again...." y'all know that classic by Simon & Garfunkel.
This week marked the end of an era for me. My sister with whom I have lived for over 8 years finally left for the big apple and this time for a looooong stay. 8 years of sharing our dreams, bad work days, horror date stories and raising her 2 beautiful children together. I went for her farewell office party and almost broke down when her boss sung a karoake re-endition of "wind beneath my wings". She always introduced me as her baby sister as she did that night obviously not acknowledging the fact that Im over a quarter a century old like Mr. Back to Basics (happy belated). I will miss morphing into yellow ranger or playing the part of Kiara and the endless Lion King duets. I guess all good things really do come to an end.
Moving On.....
I went for the big brother eviction party at Phase 2 on Sunday. I was bored and they do have great nyama. Anyway Uncle Mitch was the MC and he decided to play a game of charades. The problem was he got a bunch of idiots including the anorexic chic from Showtime magazine ( Im just hating coz Im fat) . I thought she was blonde till they introduced her partner, a loud mouthed guy with a potbelly and the brain of a dinasaur. He thought he could actually get away with whispering the answers loudly to his partner. he even went on to argue about nothing with the MC.
They asked the simplest questions and alot of prize hungry people queued to try and answer. When I couldnt take the frustration anymore, I just got up and earned me a gift pack that I didnt really want.( Im too sexy for my shoes.......too sexy for....) Dont purge yet!
Anyway, the dynamite in a small package finally left the house to everyones joy. They should have labelled him the midget with a complex instead.
I have no kind words for people at the office today because the canteen has delayed my katogo and Im hungry and pissed.
Sad News
A friend of mine just went from being a battered galfriend to a battered fiancee. About a month ago her boyfriend beat her up, Last week, he showed up with an engagement ring looking apologetic. When I saw her she was in defiant mode, couldnt say anything to her that she didnt know already. I feel so powerless right now.

Labels: ,

posted by kissyfur @ 1:40 AM  
15 Comments:
  • At August 27, 2007 at 2:56 AM, Blogger Baz said…

    Socks.

    Like the ones Maureen knocked of Code.

    Kissyfur, you know where the Yata Fan Club is? Cos they are going to find you for hating.

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 3:58 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    I'm not quite sure whether to say sorry or not in most of the cases you have mentioned here. I mean your sister going to the Big Apple is not entirely a bad thing? Winning a gift pack should in someway make up for a lousy evening? As for the battered girlfriend, I have learned not to stand around judging two people in a relationship.

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 3:59 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    secondies are the new firsties... :0)

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eeh pull your friend aside and tell her what she already knows. Please please.. Now for the comment on the small gal yeah i too think they are anorexic because i am Faaaat..

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 7:37 AM, Blogger Mr. B2B said…

    Cheers for the Belated Bday Greets!!

    Simon&Garfunkel... Email it to me!!

    She got engaged LOL!!
    For real..

    I will never ever understand it will i??

    Never Will

    What i will understand is the part about you HATING ON the chic from ShowTime LOL!!

    And Your sis huh!!!
    Tough, but hey we'll do the do as usual!

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 9:26 AM, Blogger Tandra said…

    hey fly, sad abt ur sis...ur nephew.gonna miss those stories...

    BBAII evictions? now i know why u went silent on me..u happener!! LOL ((i know twas boring but still..))

    Battered fiance. i know how u feel, seriously helpless

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 10:06 AM, Blogger Quillonpaper said…

    I hate it when people take advantage of people and the latter keep going back to be taken advatage of!! I empathise with you so. Else, was only passing by to remind you of the sky tonight! Aug. 27th. It's a lil cloudy where I'm at but I've been told they'll soon clear up...let's watch that space (pun unintended!!)

     
  • At August 27, 2007 at 11:13 PM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    Kissyfur, tell your friend to stop being a pity and get some self-esteem for just once in her miserable life!
    There is nearly nothing as stupid as having such a low opinion of oneself that one can go ahead and stay one minute with a guy who hits her! There are many guys out there who will over her right. It's pissing and saddening.

    I think all guys who hit their chics should wise up, but the chics themselves should wise up first, because they basically invite it by having such a low self-esteem.

     
  • At August 28, 2007 at 11:51 AM, Blogger Tumwijuke Mutambuka said…

    Just participated in an 'intervention' in a domestic violence case. Not funny at all.

    I wish I'd dragged the chick out of the situation before she walked down the aisle. I wish I'd locked her up in Butabika to show her a day in a mental institution was nothing compared to the immense abuse and suffering she was going to face in her marriage.

    Throw that ring away, if you must. Pour water on her. Do anything. You don't want her to go down that road. Trust me.

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 1:29 AM, Blogger Duksey said…

    I am so mad about that wife beater.You should talk to your girl even if it means camping at her door step daily

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 1:38 AM, Blogger kissyfur said…

    @Iwaya, way off! 50 aint the new 30 either.
    @ Zack you wont believe, I forgot and fell asleep. missed it.hope u have some great pics saved up.
    @all, its impossible to coax agal in love to leave her man. especially if she feels lucky to have him.

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM, Blogger Savage said…

    Don't hate skinny chicks. They are evil. Besides Iwaya and Degstar adore FAT chicks. So you are on mulembe still.

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 1:48 AM, Blogger Aseu said…

    Kissyfur, so sooorry I have been away/off (can't tell which is the most appropriate)for quite sometime now. Nice posts. I need to style up. Meanwhile about your friend...tell her to RUN like a problem!! If she can let herself be battered while dating what about in marriage?

    There are many fish in the pond. Soem may not be goldfish but there are there.

     
  • At August 30, 2007 at 5:41 AM, Blogger Klara said…

    Am so sorry about your gal friend & Siz, sometimes life saxs
    BTW And thanx for dropping by mine...
    You got a lovely place...

     
  • At September 6, 2007 at 5:56 AM, Blogger lulu said…

    awww, my goodness i am so sorry for your friend, why wont she up and leave,she needs to know that she is worth more than that and doesnt deserve to be a football for any man.

    be siklent you aint fat!
    you are fine!

    aww, parting is such sweet sorrow innit... your sis leaving. mine's getting married next year and i sure will miss her 'mummying' me all over the place.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life