Thursday, August 9, 2007
Flirtations and Come ons
Im hooked to DSTVs channel 37 lately and Im not apologising for my wack taste in entertainment. So yes I have been watching Big Brother and all the other shows people hate like "Beauty and the Geek". Jack Bauer just doent jazz me, so Im not even going to pretend. I like shallow TV, the likes of E. Before you judge me too harshly, I have also repetitively watched all the shows on the History channel and Discovery. Like Tandra said, Im just a contradiction.
Anyway back to Big Bro, there is this gal Meryl from Namibia that people already love to hate. She is waltzing around in her underwear in the living room and you can imagine the reaction of the housemates and the viewers. and then there is the south african gal Lerato who is a spontaneous and hopeless flirt, Them Bertha from Zim who is soft spoken, intelligent and interesting too.
So these are 3 different kinds of sexy. The argument I had with my sister surrounding this was she didnt like Meryl very much because she was so obvious and apparently guys dont like that. But in all her obviousness, she gannered attention from the guys because there are guys out there who are not mind readers, they simply dont have the time or patience to decipher the "she likes me, she likes me nots". So gals like Meryl appeal to them because they make it easy, that doesnt make her a cheap w**** now does it???
As opposed to gals like Bertha who seem unattainable. Well granted they love the chase and the challenge of such conquests sometimes its not what its cranked up to be. I like gals like Lerato who strike the balance properly, not too obvious yet not to unattainable. In otherwords if I were a guy, I would date me. (hehehe)
Then the Ugandan gal broke down yesterday and downright lost it. Some teacher of hers in Primary school touched her inappropriately. Gave her low marks just so he could have quality time with her. sad really, but how could she reveal all that on day 3 of the show. Anyway I guess sometimes talking to strangers is better. But they need to get her a shrink. It made for good viewing last night.
plus
My 5 year old power rangers obsessed nephew woke me uo this morning to tape some paper contraption to his hand. I was trying to squeeze in a few last minutes of sleep to I mumbled something to the effect of, "will do it when I wake up". Then he goes on to say, "but you are already awake". I didnt Burge so he threw a tantrum and yelled...."you know what I have realised A, that you cannot help anybody ever, Now my day is ruined!" Then he decided mbu he is going to meditate and I thought good idea. Its no wonder people dont believe he is only 5, meditate my a**! Then he goes to his camping tent that we pitched in the empty living room and found that my diaper-free niece had peed all over his comic. His day was now ruined for sure.
Let me set about blog hoping. I hope someone is out there fanning the feud, its better than Diamonds Ensemble.

Labels: , ,

posted by kissyfur @ 3:10 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At August 9, 2007 at 9:24 AM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    I don't know where this whole myth of `Guys love the chase' came from. All I know is that they love some chase. Not for a chick to come and fall in their lap, but for them to nudge a bit and get some response. Like that ... you get.
    In reality - when you bother to look beyond the misleading stereotypes and Mills and Boon novels - a chic who pretends she's holding out mbu to play hard-to-get and since guys love the chase ... well, another comes up, and shit changes really fast. Try the hard-to-get thing and see if anyone will kneel at your doorstep.

    So, you're right on Lerato (or whatevs - me no watch no TV). She's somewhere in the middle. The nude belly dancer would be disgusting. The repulsive recluse would be ... well, repulsive.

    And your five-year old nephew rocketh! :o)

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 10:10 AM, Blogger Tandra said…

    eh...finally...some one i can watch BBAII through, yay!!!!

    kati u and edmo.....

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 11:17 PM, Blogger kissyfur said…

    @Denis, her name is Maureen Namatovu.
    @Tandra, thats another flygal....hehehe

     
  • At August 10, 2007 at 3:16 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    Right on! 27th, you :O) nailed right on the head!!

    So we are all going to watch this BBA?

     
  • At August 13, 2007 at 4:39 AM, Blogger Dennis D. Muhumuza said…

    hey kissy, thanx 4 droppin by at mine. it's not that i take life too seriously and don't relish the simple pleasures of the world. i do. really do if simple pleasures build me. most people think the big brother show is an innocent game but it's not. the other day my sister was complainin that her children r glued 2 the screen watchin bb & they were asking why mummy won't buy those glasses (wine) they had seen on the show. mbu her boys watched meryl kiss kwaku & began exchangin winks & laughin. and these are little boys. imagine what they'll grow knowin courtesy of bb show. these shows are already a danger 2 our cultures & must be hounded by all who prefers our culture. why? because bb show is not about our culture. this is foreign stuff. stuff synonimous with red light districts in europe & more so in holland where it all began. it's a new mode of colonialism. they colonise our minds & our rich cultures thru reality shows like bb & the next thing we know, we shall be assimilated & we stuff denying ourselves & our parents. this is why u hear unafrican accents on the show....we must wake up & not allow 2 be rooted in the name of shows like bb.

     
  • At August 13, 2007 at 5:59 AM, Blogger kissyfur said…

    CB, That goes for all TV, even cartoon network poses a danger polluting innocent minds. But the gadget comes with parental control features.

     
  • At August 14, 2007 at 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No time to watch maybe someone should start a blog to give us a lil somethin from the BBH

     
  • At August 14, 2007 at 7:16 AM, Blogger eddsla said…

    @kissyfur. pliz don't be hating on lerato now coz she's the only one whose gon show us some real gae-abby shit. watch this space

    @cb thats such atrue story,

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 12:21 AM, Blogger lulu said…

    whats with bertha/

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life