Monday, July 2, 2007
To the lake, To the Lake!
Listenning to: Tracy Chapman "Telling stories"
For someone who just got over my deep water phobia, I seem to spend alot of time at the lake lately. Im not one for the beach bash afffair but on saturday, I joined a few new friends and old friends for their neighborhood party at the lake. Obviously the beach thing is a favourite past time for many Ugandans, as it turned out I almost knew everyone at the party next to ours. So when our food was delayed, I sold out and crossed over to where the food was being served.
I got to talking with this guy Yasmin from Bosnia working with UN who recently got posted to Nepal and the only thing I know about Nepal is the tragedy of the crown prince. Does anyone remember that story? I think it was in 2004, when Nepal was still an absolute monarchy. The crown prince who even went to Eton, comes back home, invites the entire family for a dinner and opens fire on them. Killed his mother, his sister, his father and a whole bunch of other relatives before he turned the gun on himself. Apparently he was unstable coupled by his parents refusal to allow him marriage to the girl he loved. Talk about doing stupid things for love. They claim he was manic depressive or something.
Then there was this one guy who has liked me for a long time and decided this was the night to drop hints. I pretended I had no idea what he was talking about. There was this other gal from Canada who was feeling his groove though. Wierd, when she started getting cosy with him, I got a little jealous. I know its selfish but I cant help it, suddenly he became more attractive now that some other gal liked him. I have a problem I know!
It was a nice party, had to unplug the music coz it was 2 am and nobody was keen on leaving except me. But it worked, soon we were all packed and on the road to Kampala.
Totally Unrelated
I was in the salon yesterday and this music video from way back was on TV. Remember Hope Mukasa's "dont go". Oh my God! He looked so young and was slow motion running on the beach with some Ethiopian looking chic. I thought the song was still nice and the video even better than most videos i have seen lately.
Talk about bad videos, a month ago I went to Bukoto street to see a friend at his office and ran into these guys trying I think to shoot a music video. They had a tiny little video camera the size of my palm and looked high on some thing. one of those "bad man a rasta" types. Then the two gals I assume the video vixens were behind this shrub trying to worm there way into these skimpy clothes. So if you ever wondered how the bad videos are made, thats probably how.
posted by kissyfur @ 10:52 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At July 2, 2007 at 11:48 PM, Blogger Saadiq said…

    i have never attended a beach thingy but they sound fun!Eh, nugulisation..haha chicks are always jealous when the guys attention shifts from them to another female..there was this one time i was walkin wit a friend and i saw this hottie and i turned and said 'look at that babe'..all i got was a barrage of expletives and a slap across my shoulder!

     
  • At July 2, 2007 at 11:48 PM, Blogger Saadiq said…

    sockies by the way..

     
  • At July 3, 2007 at 8:57 AM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    I once found them idiots making a video of that kind. Frankly, why isn't there a law against this kind of silliness?

    Oh, and I love, love Chapman. Only I never really blend with over-soft songs and all. :o)
    On the nugu thing ... never did blend either. :o)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life