Wednesday, June 27, 2007
I Saw a Happy girl This Morning
Mood: solemn
listenning to: Andrea Bocelli "time to say goodbye" and another song with Eros Ramazotti
I live in Ntinda somewhere off the new Kyambogo Road, a place called kinyarwanda Zone. perhaps thats explains all the Luganda tainted with a western accent. I take the same route to work every morning, the new Kyambogo road just so I can avoid the moring traffic at the trading centre.
And every morning I see this gal in uniform walking down that road towards Kyambogo. She must be about twelve and the first time I saw her, I thought she looked so happy trotting down the hill.Perhaps she had a nice dream, or maybe she is looking forward to seeing her friends at school that she cant contain herself.
The next morning, I saw her again and she looked just as happy, I smiled to myself thinking good for her. But then I noticed something was kinda odd about this gal, she was definately autistic. suddenly my face fell just a little and there it was, that look of pity. I hated myself for the sinking feeling in my heart. But why should I feel pity for this gal, I have never seen such genuine happiness in my life. Then i realised I was slightly envious, and wondered what it felt like to have no cares in this world. This gal doesnt deserve my pity and I too felt happier than I have been in a long time.
My twin brother passed on last year from complications brought on by acute celebral palsy. A huge part of me died inside but I masked it well ( kinda reminds me of the song "tears of a clown" by Smokie Robinson). I was sad not so much because he passed on but because I thought he had spent his 25 years in total limbo and misery. He seemed happy most of the time but my doubts and anger at God often clouded my vision his happiness. He loved me unconditionally and hated it when I was sad or when someone scolded me. I got away with alot because of this.
I must forgive me, for the times I looked at him with sadness somehow wanting more for him.
I must forgive me for the glimpse of anger he often caught in my eyes.
I must forgive me for not realising that his happiness relied on seeing his twin sister happy.
I saw the happy gal again this morning and even as I write this, Im constantly blinking to stop the tears from falling. In away I have been set free from my sadness. I know wherever he is, it would still break is immortal heart to have me feeling this way. I dont promise never to cry again because I miss him dearly. But I have the happy gal to remind me, to count my blessing every single day.
Who needs therapy when you have a blog?????

Labels: ,

posted by kissyfur @ 1:18 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At June 27, 2007 at 7:45 AM, Blogger Tandra said…

    i know u said not to feel sad for u but man, im pulling out me hankie, me eyes b full

     
  • At June 27, 2007 at 8:02 AM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    Woo-hoo! The noo theme. It rocketh. And now, your picture comes out clearer.

    And on your twin bro ... this stuff is simultaneously sad and happy.

    It is a deep post.

     
  • At June 27, 2007 at 8:40 AM, Blogger Tandra said…

    ooooo.... oooooooo.... the theme roketh!!

     
  • At June 28, 2007 at 12:02 AM, Blogger Mr. B2B said…

    New_Killah_Theme

    Really Killah...

     
  • At June 28, 2007 at 1:51 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    Samurai Lady, that theme has my hands up in surrender!

    and the story of the happy girl, it is moments like those that make living in Kampala so special for me!

     
  • At June 28, 2007 at 3:09 AM, Blogger Saadiq said…

    Sori abt ur twin bro..heartbreaking..at times i think he was better off not knowin the harsh realities of life like betrayal, lies, malice..he cud have been very happy in his own world..he is in a much better place..take heartmy friend

    the theme has me speechless..all things samurai rock..i have this samurai pic as my desktop..i might put it up for u on my blog..one day maybe..

     
  • At June 28, 2007 at 4:44 AM, Blogger feather said…

    says a lot. what does your expression say to the people you meet each day. your bro is in safe hands.

     
  • At June 28, 2007 at 5:29 AM, Blogger Cheri said…

    Man, this is so deep.

    This just goes to show how strong u are. Your brother must be so proud of u!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life