Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Moving On........June
After my Island getaway, I pitched a marketing proposal to the management team of the ferry. I got the deal and hopefully I will be smiling all the way to the bank. I guess I could say a lot of good came out of it and Im almost scared that Im having way too much fun. You know that feeling when everything seems to be going right almost like you are being buttered up before the fall????? Im trying not to ruin the moment with suspicion, easier said than done. Perhaps it all starts with believeing that Im deserving!



I went on a blind date of sorts with a guy from the chatroom.always a bad idea, must have been worse for him though. i called him on my turf last Saturday night in the Company of all my hang buddies. Had the advantage over him as I could see him walk in looking rather lost.It also didnt help that I had downed a few long Islands and had a camera with me. Blame it on the booze I say! I watched as he walked out on the balcony, pulled out his cellphone and started to type an sms. I waited patiently for my phone to beep and it didnt disappoint me. I then walked up to him and told him to smile as I took a picture of his puzzled face. I then introduced him to my friends hoping he might feel alittle at ease and maybe even have a good time. But he simply sat there and answered in a way that didnt encourage further probbing. Somehow he felt a need to explain that he usually is alot more fun and that he was just tired. I walked him out and apologised for any discomfort caused. He tried to call me once but couldnt take his call as I was in a meeting.

I got a call from my ex boyfriend, the one that unwinds me everytime. I spend an hour everytime he calls just trying to convince myself that Im over him. He was just inquiring about our pending garage sale. Somehow everytime I expect him to apologise and say,......"Honey I was wrong can we try and make it work? Im beginning to reconcile with the fact that it will not happen but hope springs eternal.

I have had quite a busy week, even my favorite radio DJ called asking if everything was fine. Yeah Malcolm Im fine just trying to sort myself out.

Labels:

posted by kissyfur @ 3:20 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At June 13, 2007 at 3:56 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    take that! and that! and that! Magoo! firsties!

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 4:32 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    kale, how could you take a guy on your first blind date to meet all your hang buddies? just the thought of such a set-up sends shivers down my spine...!

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 4:39 AM, Blogger Savage said…

    everytime I am not first I lose the motivation to comment.

    Meanwhile, every girl wants the ex to still be interested.

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 7:16 AM, Blogger Saadiq said…

    Congratulations on the big hit!Ching, ching cash money!!

    I can bet he had to go home and change his pants, coz i think he peed in them!! Meanwhile i got this book on smoothies, kati im trying to buff up my application..but u have to own a blender!

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 7:18 AM, Blogger Saadiq said…

    iwaya and magoo..im done wit school and quite redundant..dont tempt me to regain my sockies crown..YOU DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!!!

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 8:33 AM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    So you're rich. Good. We go back to the island, you and I and I. And no cameras allowed. Not exactly a blind date, either.

    Meanwhile, I doubt I'll ever do any such thing as a blind date.

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 2:08 AM, Blogger Tandra said…

    K, i hope the blind date wasnt the quarterback! lol, now that one wld have been interesting to see...

    But u aint a friend. U hang out with him with all your friends? Even i am not that brave!!

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess if the ex asked you back you would not say yes...

     
  • At June 17, 2007 at 11:13 PM, Blogger kissyfur said…

    Comrade, mos Def on the Island.

    T gal, it aint the quaterback, its the "philosopher". ha!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life