Thursday, May 17, 2007
My very Own Kafunda
All this time I have been a free loader, living off my eldest sister and enjoying all the luxuries that she has worked extremely hard for. I moved out of my mother's home because my lifestyle choices were causing some serious friction between us and we generally got a long better if she didnt see me that often.
I forgot to mention all my siblings are older than me and therefore any childish behaviour on my part is often forgiven. And because of this, I found myself growing old without necessarily growing up. Well atleast I wasnt in denial, I know exactly what I have to do its just trying to get myself to do it that is quite hard. So For a long time I have been telling myself that I need to get a place of my own. somewhere I can eat a bowl of cereal naked in front of the TV ( have always wanted to do that), or fart as loudly as I want to without worrying about the discomfort of others. But thats exactly what it remains, good intensions. I get comfortable and talk myself out of it all the time. free food, rent free, laundry service, paid TV all baiting me to stay.

So my lazy ass discards the idea untill one dawn after a heavy bar hopping run, I creep in trying not to wake people and I knock things over. I crash out for hours, miss breakfast with the family then take off soon after I get showered. then realise its weeks since I even had a decent conversation with my very generous landlord. Then the guilt sets in and the plans of moving out creep up in my mind again. After another week of making amends, the cycle begins yet again.

This time Im serious about finding a place. I have been put in a really tight spot this time cause my sister made the announcement that she is moving to NewYork and guess what, she cant take me with her. What Im I supposed to do, Im only 26 besides what are big sisters for if not to take care of their younger sibblings in need.
After my pity party, I realised thats not the worst thing that can happen to gal, theres cancer, getting knocked up (27th still waiting for that post)...........list is endless.

Now Im reorganising my finances, the 3/4 of my income that religiously went to Long Island ice tea will now sit in a savings account. Damn! I even hate the sound of that. Oh yes and I got a broker, anha ooohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
By August I will take my first step into maturity and be in my own Kafunda. Im so excited have even set a date for house warming. Watch the space for directions to where the party is at.

Labels: , ,

posted by kissyfur @ 2:45 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At May 17, 2007 at 10:07 PM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    Cribs, cribs, cribs.
    I moved out much earlier. And I lodged with a friend for a while, as I searched for a crib. I got one, and I love it. I think I am a subconscious nudist. I don't rush to get dressed. And definitely not in my crib! X-(

    Anyway, I love having moved out into my own crib, and you'll love it too. The liberty is irreplaceable. Plus, where best to kick-start a revolution other than in the slums? I moved out at 21, though, with almost no needs but the daily bread, and an eager Communist willingness to live in squalor, even when I can afford pristine grandeur.

    :oD

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 7:55 AM, Blogger Tandra said…

    1st, congs on finally takin the step to find ur own kafunda..yeah i know twas kinda forced on ya, but u'l live!

    2nd,house hunting can b fun! U finally get to do alllllll that stuff u wanted to and not b accountable to anyone, i hear thats called growing up.

    Waiting on those directions!!!

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 9:49 AM, Blogger Saadiq said…

    first time here, love it..so ur taking that step to independence?all the best..i need to start making that move as well..all the best to u..hope u dont mind if i come crash at ures..i cook, clean, sweep and iron..plus i can take care of any kids, wat do u say?

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 10:51 PM, Blogger kissyfur said…

    Joshi, you have OCD. All that cooking and cleaning will drive me nuts.
    Always nice welcome first timers

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 6:17 AM, Blogger Aseu said…

    @Joshi good move...
    Kissyfur, I thought I had responded to this but am surprised it didn't appear on yr blog.
    Anyway, when n'where's de party??hmm..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life