Sunday, June 17, 2007
Back in High school for a day
Listenning to: Soul For Real, "Candy Rain"

I run into an old friend from my high school who went to Canada for Uni. and she somehow hasnt changed even abit. Im serious, her hair is the same, she hasnt gained or lost any weight, she looks exactly the same. Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing actually.
The same cannot be said about me though cause everybody believes I got some kind of extreme makeover.
See when I was in high school, some people often mistook me for a boy. While the rest where tirelessly trying to grow their hair, I actually almost got suspended for spotting a bald head. I guess those days the Alek Wek appeal hadnt quite spread yet. So the school board threatened to send me home till my hair grew a few inches or so. I wore clothes that were always a size too big so nobody actually knew what shape was burried under the big denim shorts and sweat shirts. All doubts were further heightened by the fact that there are very few guys who have a voice deeper than mine. I listened to Warren G, Snoop, Craig Mark, Busta Rhymes, Keith Murray and the entire Dog Pound. I was a sports fiend and seeded even In the national team at some games. And I was happy cause I lived in my own blissfull world where nobody bothered me. Yeah and I broke every single rule in the book, so seeing my folks in school was not uncommon at all.

I honestly do not know when the change started I just woke up one day and didnt even realise I was different till people started making remarks at the change. I swapped My big shorts for pretty dresses, grew my hair and bought high heels instead of mocassins. So everytime I meet someone from high school, they can barely mask the shock on their faces. I dont even care much for sports and Gangsta rap I cant stand! What I find wierd is Im not pretending at all, these things tend to come naturally and it scares me that I could change soooo much.

I miss the gal I was, I miss high school and all that it was. I miss Maureen the neat freak, I miss Betty the Jesus freak, I miss Florence the math Wizz, I miss Damalie cause I loved reading her English Composition book, I miss Joanna we used to rap together, I miss Magintu as we were thick as thieves, I miss Marianne the Teachers pet, I miss Rowena and the mean jokes...........I could go on. But most of all I miss me cause I was different and kind of stood out in my own way.

The only thing I couldnt change was my voice, yap. The only difference is I used to be rather a shamed of it, you know how kids can be so mean about such things. Anyway now it gets such rave reviews I actually love it. Once in a while I get a glimpse of my old self in little things like wearing boxers to bed.

Labels: ,

posted by kissyfur @ 11:39 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At June 18, 2007 at 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Firstie

    Some time i feel that way but the older BS is much fun

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 3:34 AM, Blogger Tandra said…

    Babe,i also have those flashbacks ate mine i think were worse! I dont think i have changed that much although people tell me i was tryin to hard to b a tomboy yet i was agirly girl al along, watever that means!! Dont agree..give me mochs, jeans and sweats any time!!!

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 7:36 AM, Blogger Saadiq said…

    shoot..ive have always acted years older than i really am..wore clothes that made me look older than i really am..had friends who were always 5-6 years ahead of me and 5years plus older than i was..well there are times when i look back and wish i had been acting my age, and i realise i wudnt be who i am today.

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 7:36 AM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    You know, I have a certain attraction to the me-no-give-no-fuck chics. Kinda. And the voice ... well, if it is just a deep feminine voice, it still rocketh. The variety can pump up the blood ... ;o) I know I've liked one, at some point.

    The song is really ol' shule. And good.

    Me, my music tastes still swagger wildly. :o(

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 7:55 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    this is a post of revelations for me. sweeter than sweet revelations. sometimes one can be chatting as if to oneself and the things they say are so full of tiny moments of beauty you wonder whether they realize how much beauty they have just brought into the world. This by far is my favourite post of you from your blog and you just made my evening a whole lot better. Thank you for this gift.

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 7:56 AM, Blogger Iwaya said…

    and Magoo is still nowwhere!!

     
  • At June 19, 2007 at 6:27 AM, Blogger Savage said…

    I am sulking at Be silent's firstie.

    That should have been mine.

     
  • At June 19, 2007 at 11:06 PM, Blogger Mr. B2B said…

    Massive Massive Posting kissyfur!!
    surprised you didn't put in that track....
    "back in the day..." by Ahmad

    Surely Surely fits the bill

     
  • At June 20, 2007 at 1:43 AM, Blogger The 27th Comrade said…

    Plus, don't say you didn't see this here one:
    Bloggers' Happy Hour. Mateo's. 6:30pm. Thursday.

    Woo! The propaganda hurts the knuckles. :o(

     
  • At June 20, 2007 at 5:13 AM, Blogger kissyfur said…

    Edmo, get a blog already.

    Comrade,oooh! I have no excuse this time.
    Im scared already!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life