Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Baby Boom
Apparently I am wasting away my child bearing years tagging along commitment phobes who get cheap thrills from downing flaming lambouginis and chilli vodkas. Then I realised it was not a coincidence that I had a baby shower almost every sunday, not one of my favourite past-times I must add. I would much rather go to a bridal shower, again not exciting either if you have been to one in Uganda. A far cry from the ones we see in the movies, obviously nobody is inspired to emulate those so instead, we have tea and if you are lucky, maybe a senga ( a black version of Samantha) with archaic but interesting views on sex. Clear evidence that sex hasnt evolved as much as we reckoned, actually I think we are regressing. watch any perverted history of ancient ROME, those guys had very fertile imaginations.

Anyway thats a whole other topic, right now I am wondering whether to celebrate my foetus freedom or lament that any children I have will not be brainy having had the misfortune of being born in my not so prime years. I peed in a cup once, having had almost 3 haemorrage free months, and I learnt something new that day. That fear of pregnancy can actually manifest itself is ironic ways like actual symptoms of a pregnancy.shocking huh!

And here I am surrounded by new mums spewing quotes like...
....Having a baby is like having your heart walk outside your body..."

Wouldnt it kill you to have your heart walking outside your body??? huh???
It is doubts like this that probably scream out that I am not ready.

So in the meantime, my ovaries are getting lazier and lazier and not to mention the fibroids scares that are pushing us all to prematurely take the plunge. Perhaps one day the time will feel right, but Iam glad I dont have a baby so I can still guzzle beer with abandon.
posted by kissyfur @ 6:40 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life