Friday, April 27, 2007
Adieu Enzo Adieu

The only reason I even read my mail in the afternoon is for the funnies. My friend Edmund had a constant supply of these funnies and frankly I always look forward to mail from him. This is with the exception of the occassional sad news that I somehow always get to hear from him. Today was a sad news day unfortunately; Our friend Enzo had died. yeah Enzo who? was ny initial thought, and it was only towards the end of his email that I realised he was talking about Angelo Sebuwufu.


I stopped breathing for a moment, all these memories came rushing in my head like in a montage; Right from the first time I met Angelo. a very interesting meeting it was indeed. we were almost 15years old in an all girls boarding school so you can only imagine what spotting boys on compound would do to us. He was 3 classes ahead of us and I was introduced by my friend Rowena.


I saw alot of him over the years and every single time I met Angelo, he had an interesting story to tell me about a woman and boy did he have many. The last time I met him, he was so excited about his new job at Stanbic and couldnt stop ranting about it.


I have lost alot of friends lately and perhaps its part of growing up but realy do they have to go so soon? This reminds me of famous waords of George Constanza


... "The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes all your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death. What is that, a bonus?!? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first and get it out of the way. Then you go to the old age home. You get kicked out for being too healthy. Go collect your pension, then you start work. You get a gold watch on the first day you work forty years until you are young enough to enjoy your retirement. you drink alcohol, you party and you get ready for high school. You go to primary school, you become a kid, You play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back. You live your last 9 months floating with luxuries like central heating, spa, room service on a tap then you finish off as an orgasm!! AMEN."


We shall always remember you Angelo!


posted by kissyfur @ 6:11 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At September 24, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Blogger Telly said…

    my mum is the one who gave him that nickname based on the character Enzo Pacelli from the comedy home sweet home. we all thought it suited him. we loved him. he was taken away from us so cruelly and so suddenly. thanks for this post. it made me sad and yet it made me happy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life