Monday, July 7, 2008
Kika (chica) The drum show
I am a self ordained party gal and it takes a terminal illness normally to get me to stay home all weekend. My mother says I was born restless and if I was a mordern child, I would probably be on a lethal dosage of Ritalin. Anyway a most shocking thing happened this weekened, I stayed home on a Friday night and even more shocking revelation; I liked it. Someone said Im growing old, I think Im just growing up. So all those late night callers where really embarassed when they heard the deathly silence when I picked up the phone. Anyway I think Im going to make a few changes and keep Friday night for myself.
Well staying at home Saturday would have been a bit too much so I deiced to go watch Kobs kick heathens B.U.T.T. And then a friend invited me for a drum show. Yes a drum show. I had never been to one and imagined it would be like Percussion discussion kinda gig. Close to the entrance I run into Petesmama who had lost all hope of finding company for the show. And boy was I glad, coz the ladies I was going with cant be a day under 50. And I want to be like them when Im 50, funny thing is they are skinnier than I am, hip, and were only going coz the invitation cards had men with no shirts on. So we had high expectations.
The Show started off well and by the time it ended, or did we walk out before it ended.........dont remember. It was such muzungu plot and we sat and watched as young men with seemingly oiled torsos drummed away. Then in between was what Petesmama called a weak tango, think it was salsa actually. Then it went downhill from there on, what started as a celebration of African tradition with drums turned into some "booty shaking" ghetto fabulous dance moves.
It was a sad thing to watch and I still believe the side show was better. The Ugandan chics who showed up in cocktail dresses and evenning gowns complete with little sequinned purses as usual didnt disappoint. And the Nyamachoma guy recognised me as his customer from the rugby club(its time to disappear for a while). let me not discourage y'all from going for the next show, they are orphans apparently and need your contribution.
posted by kissyfur @ 3:33 AM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life