Monday, February 4, 2008
Just when you think its Safe to go out Again
In my Last post I mentioned that Im going to start dating again. be careful what you say coz you dont know when it will come back to bite you in the ass. I was only half serious about this seeing that this dating thing takes alot more than just saying "Im going to date". Well as fate would have it, I met a really Nice guy this weekend. strange, very strange I tell ya.
he had a thick Brit Accent, and we all know how hard that is to forge so I assumed it was real. Anyway on turning around to meet this guy I was being introduced to, I realize he is Ethiopian looking or so I thought. Turns out he is Eritrean (big difference apparently), didnt want to go into it. He was totally my type and even though I do not consider myself racist, his ethinicity bothered me a little.
So we hit it off, he was intelligent, fun and the calmest guy in times of crises. So here we are chilling trying to probe into eachothers lives when a guy I recognised came along. Tall dark Handsome Acholi man who used to own a restaurant I frequented. I introduce them and Acholi guys sets off only to return 5 mins later with something obviously on his mind.
"hey can i borrow her for a sec", he says to Eritrean fella
So off to a quieter corner we go.
Now Acholi dude was miffed that I was hanging out with this guy who seemed like an unlike choice of boyfriend. He naturally assumed of course that we were dating, I guess the chemistry was thick and heavy.
"what are you doing with this guy, sincerely where are you taking him?"
shocked, I decided not to respond. Turned around and attempted to walk away when I heard him say, "I dont know whats wrong with you Acholi gals, you think you are too good for us and only want jungus"
Granted the skinny tall Acholi gal and old muzungu man is a common sight, I hardly fitted the stereotype. I dont date guys from my tribe only because it just seems so incestrous (I dont expect u to understand that).
So to prevent myself from causing a scene by wacking this dude, I went back to my new found pal and told him he might be getting hate mail soon. He wasnt suprised at all and we managed to salvage the rest of the night by extending the party for another 24 hours.
posted by kissyfur @ 1:01 AM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life