Tuesday, March 20, 2007
No Segregation
I am a product of a strict Catholic all girls boarding school ( cant get any worse than that).
Actually was no so bad, because my school was the creme de la creme of schools in my country. Fit enough for the head of state to send all his 3 girls to.......anyone dispute that?
Well Im not trying to boast cause there is really nothing to boast about. Back to the point here....well in that prestigious school, we had a written rule that stated that No student shall segregate against another student. stupid huh!

I guess even the school realized the income disparities among students was quite high. Let me put it this way, we had kids who got in because of their excellent grades like me, then we had children of ministers and the top dog himself, political connections. Then there where children of tycoons who donated even the breakfast at the table. It is hard to justify why we even paid tuition as this percentage covered all the schools expenses.

And it is indeed common for people to stick with their own, this is how the popular crowds and the under-dogs develop in a community. To address this, the ingenius rule of segregation was established. As I look back its extremely funny actually that people broke down in tears during class meetings with claims that they were being segregated against. The rich kids never complained though, it was always the poor kids who felt like they were not being included. ha ha!
So the school strived to bring equality by these rules of conduct. A fruitless battle i must say, The rich kids I think suffered the worst kind of segregation. Imagine constantly being blamed for something you dnt understand, basically that some kid wants to be your friend but feels too inferior to approach you and so its you fault.

So what if they finally let you into their circle of friends, how comfortable will it be when they talk about their holidays is Aspen, train rides in Paris. Wouldnt it be more torture if during tea break if they are eating their bread with nutella and you only have blueband?

I honestly didnt get it, luckily for me, I was a lone ranger. I didnt cluster or join clicks, I kinda had friends for every interest and activity. There where those I played sport with, those I shared books with, those I sang with and those I ate with or overslept with. That way I never felt left out perhaps thats why it amused me to no end that people allowed themselves to be segregated against.
posted by kissyfur @ 3:41 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life