Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Kony Territory
I was jumping with excitement just at the thought of "taking leave" from work. I needed a break I was exhausted after a year without time off.

Yeah and off to Gulu it was for me.Dont get fooled , this is not a normal occurance for as I have only been to Gulu 2 or 3 other times in my entire 20+ years. and secondly, I hope you are sitting down coz this is a shocker. I was going with My mum! For those who do not know me, the relationship between mother and I has ben injured since puberty. And We working on it, so the trip together was well...a step in the right direction I must say.
Very hot 5 hr journey it was and even hotter in Gulu. I was determined to have agood time and just try and fade all the not so pleasant memories of prior visits to Gulu.( which were for funerals of people I loved dearly)

I even got a tour guide......hehehe.yeah, like a tourist. shame, but it was absolutely necessary if I had to enjoy the visit.His name was Filbert and believe me that is not Gilbert mis-spelled.He was absolutely useless though, had an excuse every other day.
I took a tour of the camps and walked about 5 miles on average every day. Its a shame i didnt lose any weight, but how could I when every meal was dowsed in peanut butter (odi).
The relatives couldnt get enough of me, or perhaps I just have more than necessary as I was visiting a different relative evry hour.

Saturday noght and day 3 In Gulu, yipeee!!!! I finally get to go out, met up with an old neighbor from Ntinda who now runs a guest house and was out partying most of the night. Oblivious to the fact that rebel activity still loomed not far away.
Give it up to the Acholi people, God bless coz even with such untold suffering. Damn they still know how to have a good time. Hell yeah!
If you ever set foot on that God forsaken land, go to havannah. There is a Cuban guy who actually found success in Gulu. A real Cuban guy.....I would seriously like to walk up to him and say "story ki?".
In the dead centre of town are Baganda and there best invention to date and trust me it aint bark cloth......Better.....Rolex ( not the watch stupid!) The egg and chapati roll. Impressive ha!
Just to show how cosmopolitan the town is, are the Indians. yeah there is no safe place, they are everywhere, ven antarctica there are Indian Penguins. busy bodied and own most of the shops ofcourse, thats their trade!

And of course I went to observe the epiphany........apparently Jesus and Mary have been sighted hanging out at the MTN masts. well I say the big blue sky over the mast....perhaps Im just a sinner. Or maybe I have no imagination coz its amazing what shapes you can make with clouds.

definately many highlights and low moments which I chose not to mention coz the world has enough misery as it is.

whew!
posted by kissyfur @ 5:45 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kampala

Im not afraid anymore, there is no such thing as coincidence.Its all divined.

Udah Lewat
Archives
Template by
Blogger Templates
© The Impenetrable Life